Unlocking The Scriptures
The Apostle Paul writes in 2 Timothy 2:15—Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth. (NASB) Bible study requires a measure of diligence to move beyond merely reading the Scriptures and skimming off the obvious applications to the Christian life.
Unlocking the Scriptures is a workbook version of the traditional Bible study methods taught in evangelical seminaries: observation, interpretation, application and correlation. The workbook includes:
1. Exercises that demonstrate the importance of each step of the process.
2. Practice options to test your grasp of the study methods.
3. Tools for conducting a study of an entire book of the Bible.
4. Principles for studying the life of a Biblical character.
5. Methods for studying a particular topic in the Scriptures.
6. Biblical resources to discover the context, purpose and audience of particular passages.
Unlocking the Scriptures can be used personally, in a small group or in a classroom setting. Interaction with others working through these principles will increase your grasp of the material. A little practice of these indispensable steps in Bible study will open the Scriptures as you have never seen before.